Re: C Parser-Script System

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 05/12/98

On 5/12/98 1:57 PM, Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM) stated:

>If you search the web for C interpreter, you may find something that
>was written for the Mac, perhaps called "Terminal", and I think in
>.hqx format.... which includes a decent C interpreter that was originally
>intended for scripting in a terminal emulation package. In the past, I've
>easily made this work under Linux, and OS-9, with little porting effort.

Actualy I'm familiar with the package "dev/src/c-interp-c.hqx" on any
InfoMac mirror - it was the basis for the interpreter in MacMUD, an old
LPMud system for the MacOS (I actually used it for a while in '94, when I
first started running a mud, before I was on the 'net... ran an area
RPG-oriented BBS...)

I have it on my HD already, got it from Info-Mac ages ago.

From the ReadMe:

"This source code implements a fairly complete C interpreter. The source
code has been compiled under Think C 5.0 as well as various flavors of
ANSI C on several Unix boxes."

I'll send it as a UUEncoded or Base64'd (please specify) tar.Z to anyone
who is interested

- Chris Jacobson