Re: Netiquette? [OFF TOPIC]

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 05/18/98

>Do you have to know how to fix your car to drive it? NO.

But it helps.

>Do you have to know how to build your house to live in it? NO.

Again, it helps.

>Do you have to know how to code to "Run" a mud? NO.

Administrate the MUD, no, run it, so that the mortals are happy, and be
able to innovate and add new stuff to it, YES.  Running a MUD is not like
driving a car.  How many times does your car crash?  Probably not as
often as a MUD.  And in order to stop it from crashing, you need to know
how to fix it.  Just like a mechanic knows how to fix a car.  If you are
just administrating the MUD, and deleagating responsibility to those that
can do the jobs, it's ok.  But if you are delegating coding
responsibility to someone who isn't a coder, that would be like asking a
non-mechanic to fix your car.

ObCircle:
 I'm working on a DG Event to randomize mob actions....watch for it :)

---
"One hundred years from now, none of this will matter because you and I
will be dead -- unless the Grim Reaper has switched his record-keeping to
a Windows 95-based system, in which case we all might live forever. "
-- Associated Press