Re: [Newbie] Room Saves && [Newbie] Debugger

From: Christoffer Lundberg (avatar@ORION.BODEN.SE)
Date: 05/20/98

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Lord Kyu wrote:

> >       I was reading the code, and I found the spot where it saves the
> character
> > into the room if it is their house. I was just wondering how this could
> be
> > changed so that when a character quits, they would start there,
> regardless
> > if it is their house or not...
> >

>         I re-read the code, and thought I would try something, and lone and behold
> it worked. If anyone finds a problem with this method let me know. It is
> short, it is simple, and it doesn't involve a lot of coding.
>
> In act.other.c, in the do_quit function, directly under if (free_rent)
>
> I added: save_char(ch, save_room);
>
>         Thats all, and it seems to work.
>
> - Lord Kyu -

I added this to do_quit, but it didn't work. The mortals started at the
mortal_start_room and the immortals at the immortal_start_room. I then
added the GET_LOADROOM(ch) function. Now, it looks like this:

if (free_rent) {
  Crash_rent(blah blah.....
  save_char(ch, save_room);
  GET_LOADROOM(ch) = save_room;
}

But it doesn't seem to work anyways. Should the save_char(ch, save_room)
come on the very first line under if (free_rent) with Crash_rent under it?

DEBUGGER_

I have heard that there should be a Readme about some debugger or
something that can be used to check bugs. How do I use it ?
My MUD has started to crash at random times, and the log says nothing
about it.

A happy "Thanks" in advance..