Re: Patrick Dughi and ban code

From: Stefan Wasilewski (smw@TRITONNETWORKS.COM)
Date: 06/04/98

Patrick,

This functionality is found within the public release of the DG codebase
that Eric has available on his home page (http://www.imaxx.net/~thrytis/).
It's also found in the Thieves World code base, which is messy at best,
but I'd be very willing to send you the relevant code -- assuming you
didn't already have a copy of it yourself.

The DG codebase really has the better implementation of it, as it moves
the nameserver/identd code to a separate process, thus reducing problems
with nameserver timeouts, identd's that don't respond, etc.

This functionality was written by Dave Berry (not Barry) while he worked
with Eric and I for a few months before DG closed down.

Have a good day,

-Stefan

(aka Puck of DG)