Re: [NEWBIE] [CODE] spell component discussion

From: Justin Potter (JTP94@AOL.COM)
Date: 06/04/98

First, Everyone will hate you for about 2 months. :>
Then when they get used to the spell components they will hate having to get
them.
I recommend if you use spell components to make them for NON-combat spells
only or for those combat spells that give such an edge you need something to
keep players from using it all the time.
For example I have CREATE GOLEM spell which on its own is useless,you need 12
different items that match, and you can't have more than 1 golem in your
service or 4 creatures charmed by you. This makes players do some fighting to
get the book of golems from the magi and hope he hasn't used it already :> and
then to take the time to make the golem with whatever pieces they decide on.
Wood golem,flesh golem,and iron golem are all I have available.
Another spell I posted in full here was interposing hand...Ripoff from d&d I
know but a friend wanted it :>   I'm thinking of making it require a glove
expended in casting just to slow people down from blocking every enemy who
attacks Only physically.
Hope this little info helps.