Re: [HELP] BPL13 LOADING GAME

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 06/05/98

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Christopher Avans wrote:

>> Leave it run for over 3 minutes and see what happens.

(For the checkpoint timer, if anyone wondered.)

>Both of the above good advise also if again if have unix open another
>wondopw and type top and watch the process % vs the memory %

While booting the MUD will have high processor time used anyway. Unless,
of course, the processor time is at 0%, then you have a large problem.

>O yeah I rarly post here and read mail once a week, and I would like to
>take a few lines to say that is funny people whining about bpl13's
>problems. I dont use bpl12 or will I, but this is a free software with
>comercial like support. Think on that

Yup, try talking directly to one of the Windows 95 developers. :P

And if anyone would like to BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) a Windows NT 4.0
Server (and probably workstation) with Service Pack 3 installed, try this:

1) Create a network shared printer on LPT1.
2) Reroute LPT1 to the above printer.   (Just made infinite loop.)
3) Print something and listen to hard drive thrash.
4) Go to Device Control Panel and stop the 'ParVdm' service. (Think that's
the one, if not try 'Parallel' or the other printer related one.)
5) Enjoy your BSOD.

Ah well, such is software.

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but