[IDEA] World Versioning

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 06/08/98

This idea is based off the versioning in the shop files.  I am going to do this
to my code, but I think it should go into the standard distributation too.  Ok,
here is the problem.  I am making changes to the world file format and my
parsing routines are starting to become a mess.  Even though the world files are
all converted I need to remain backwards compatible because I am not converting
all the backups too. (ICK)  So I am going to have the first line of a file
contain the string "Ver <number>".  OLC will save the current version number,
db.c will use this number to determine how each file should look, etc etc etc.
Anyone else out there think this type of thing can be included in the default?

--Angus