Re: [OFFTOPIC] Attitudes

From: Antioch (jeremy@YAKKO.CS.WMICH.EDU)
Date: 06/13/98

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Stephen Wolfe wrote:

- No. The list is a forum to exchange ideas for developement of
- CircleMUDs (or MUDs in general). If sometimes people ask for help to
- expand upon some ideas, or if people are having trouble with someone
- else's code (or idea), then they will usually be helped. But every post
- you have sent to the list about code that you (supposedly) wrote were
- simply asking for others to think for you, or code your MUD for you.
- Learn to code. If you have a problem try to give useful information (like
- a coredump), and avoid asking questions like: 'My MUD crashes..What's
- wrong?'
-

  I couldn't agree more.  I find it difficult to understand how you can
submit code for others to use, yet don't understand the concept of passing
parameters.  I believe there's a newbie list out there for those who have
no programming experience or who are just too lazy to think their problems
out with logic.  I suggest you submit your code requests there and
restrict your use of this list to queries of a developmental or advanced
implementional nature.

Jeremy

<> Jeremy J. Jubenville                  Email: jeremy@yakko.cs.wmich.edu
<> 609 W. Lovell #10                     Phone:
<> Kalamazoo, Michigan 49007

 - After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressable
   is music...