Re: 'heavily modified'

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 06/16/98

>> Ever notice how every ad uses that phrase?  I keep forgetting to set up a
>> filter against 'heavily modified'...  It's a great benefit for USENET too.
>
>Maybe that's equivalent for 'all snippets applied'? ;)

Unfortunately, that is exactly what a lot of CircleMUD builders think it
means.  That is why Circle has obtained the 'stock stigma'  That's why
the SPOOC organization, to help promote non-stock CircleMUD's, that
aren't just snippets added in.  As long as it isn't an 'anti-stock'
system, it will be appropriate.  We need something to separate the stocks
from the originals.  If someone wants to play on a stock Circle, let
them, but those looking for original ones are having a hard time finding
them.

---
"One hundred years from now, none of this will matter because you and I
will be dead -- unless the Grim Reaper has switched his record-keeping to
a Windows 95-based system, in which case we all might live forever. "
-- Associated Press