Re: [ADMIN] Modification Rating System

From: Rob Baumstark (shirak@CONNECT.AB.CA)
Date: 06/16/98

>The main purpose of this is to provide a 'standardized' rating system for
>CircleMUD's and their originality factor.  That way, those that get good
>ratings can advertise it, be proud of their rating, and have something to
>back it up, while those that make wild claims without any way of backing
>it up will end up having nothing to back up their words.
>
>Some feedback and discussion on this idea is welcome.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I code CircleMUD's because I think
it's fun, and I hope thats why most of us are here.  Sure I like to hear
people say they like my MUD, but so long as I am still having fun, I don't
care what anyone thinks of it.  I can personally vouch for the message
before about the world making the MUD, as my last MUD (which no-longer
exists) had a quite modified codebase with a dynamic map, along with a few
other interesting things (not mentioning small things like
spells/levels/etc.)  But with almost no builders taking advantage of my
special features, and not many not-stock zones, I almost never had more than
2 players on at any one time.  <shrug>, though almost every player I had
connect would probably say the MUD sucked (and it kinda did), it was fun
making it, and I still refer to the code in it sometimes.

G:  "If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?"
EB: "Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in
     the air and scatter oneself over a wide area."
-- Somewhere in No Man's Land, BA4