Re: 'heavily modified'

From: Erwin S. Andreasen (erwin@ANDREASEN.COM)
Date: 06/17/98

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Eduo wrote:

> The easiest way I see is a web site, not unlike MUD Connector, in which
> people can register their muds and only the ones reviewed would be listed
> (even those with low rates, or at least with ratings above 4, that would
> work as an incentive). A lot of testers could be working for the site
> (that is, to always have a handful, or three, to test some mud base).
> People that wanted to see rated or quality muds could go to this site and
> browser in the categories.

Something closely to this exists, except there are no ratings.

Check out www.gamecommandos.com - there are reviews from players, admins
and the owners of the site - the last of very high quality - but all the
reviews are checked by the owners before being added, so there are no
reviews like those on the MUD Connector's MUD Reviews board.

I've seen rating systems talked about 3-4 times before - and nothing ever
came out of it - with MUDs changing so often, I don't think rating a MUD
with a number is fair.

If you run/play a MUD, I implore you to review it on Game Commandos
instead.