Re: [RELEASE] Wilderness/ASCII Mapping System

From: John Evans (evansj@DATAWEST.NET)
Date: 06/18/98

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Kyle Goodwin wrote:

> For some strange reason it seams mapsnip.txt has been lost from the ftp
> site.  If anyone needs a copy before this is corrected please send me an
> email at vbmasta@earthlink.net

It's still there:
ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/code/mapsnip.txt

PS: The following part of your 'license agreement' is very unreasonable.

> 3) You must credit me on the screen displayed when a user first connects
>   to whatever mud this code or te ideaas within it are used on.

If I ever feel like doing something similar and use your idea as a base to
code from, you'll get an entry in the credits file, but not on my login
screen. Only the DIKU team and Jeremy Elson have rights to connect screen.
You might want to think about altering that on items that you release in
the future.

John Evans <evansj@datawest.net>
http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/              telnet://spear.gator.net:1066

--Arthur C. Clarke