Re: modify.c bug

From: James Turner (turnerjh@XTN.NET)
Date: 06/19/98

George <greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG> writes:

> Oh good, I thought it was improved_editor specific.
>
> Well, actually, not good.  You can find this bug in the 'critical' folder.
> :)

Addendum to my previous post.  It seems that in the case of an
overrun, pl13 will just abort the message. If you remove the
"terminator = 1" on lines 89 and 96 the crashes occur if you upload a
large amount of data (half or so k more than the size of the
buffer... memory corruption ensues as well).

It might indeed be improved_editor specific.  In what I thought was
stock code (which shows you how long it's been since I dove into
stock) there was a comment about removing the /* */ around one of the
terminator lines.  Someone posted a patch for this.  So I assume the
problem is caused by the improved editor patch (or some other patch)
that comments it out.

It's a confirmed bug in pl13 if you change those two lines *inno*

(To test it, I uploaded my 400k or so termcap file... crashes pretty
quickly).

Hope this helps.

--
James Turner               turnerjh@xtn.net