The members of this list.

From: Christopher Avans (parka@CDC.NET)
Date: 06/20/98

        I have recently experienced a rash of spam to my mailbox from a
couple of members of this list. This is a turning into a problem of all
cap flames. To be honest I do not have a _clue_ as to why, until it was
pointed out to me that it was spawned in responce to my post about an
aternative to the mapping system. Seems that a circle of friends didnt
liek the fact I presented an alternative to thier system. I ask you and
the admins of this site in helping me stop this barrage of flame/spam mail
to my mailbox. I would hope this stops it if not I would be comforted in
knowing that the admins of this list is willing to not support such
childish efforts.

        Man please this is insane. I have recieved over 20 letters from
this asses in the last hour. Each is increasing in thier rudeness. I know
i have been outspoekn about being more productive towards newbies, that
led to a little back and forth. However in this case I get spammed to
_hell_ for posting a aternative to an idea? Is this not the heart of a
mailing list. The exchange of ideas?

        O well as I said I hope to stay on this list and I hope taht the
admins will not support people who act in such a manner.