Re: Room Triggers

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 06/24/98

At 01:58 PM 6/24/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Sorry to keep asking remedial questions like this, but I'm working on a
>room and I want it to display a message when someone enters it.  I've tried
>trigedit and setting it to Enter, and putting: echo [message I want to
>display] in the commands window.  What am I doing wrong?
>
>-Meyekul

Firstly, you're not reading manuals!  Although, I'll give you some slack
because they've pretty much disappeared as of late.  (Mark Heilpern: I can
host your DG Script docs until you get a new server  -Bel)

Rooms do not use the player/mob command list.  In dg_wldcmd.c (I believe),
there is a command interpreter for rooms, and the commands are defined with
WCMD(do_w****) and in a list like the player/mob command interpreter.
While this is overkill for your question, I think you should still
investigate your dg_*.c files more thoroughly. (hint, there are two small
bugs in do_attach, and they're both the same thing.  Very simple fix.)

Anyway, in a nutshell, mob specific commands are preceded by m's (mecho),
object specific commands are preceded by o's (oecho), and room (world)
commands are preceded by w's.  So what you're looking for is wecho.

By the way, I noticed Chris Powell sort of vanished when he gave his code
up to George.  Is anybody interested in helping create a place for DG
Script users to contribute and receive updates and snippets for DG?

-B.