Re: [Newbie] Damage corpse

From: John Evans (evansj@DATAWEST.NET)
Date: 06/28/98

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Scorn wrote:

> I know this has been asked before but i cant seem to find it in the
> archives or in my files.....I get a syserr in my log....
> SYSERR: Attempt to damage a corpse. ........also you just lay there dead
> forever it seems until you type quit while the mob keeps hitting you or
> trying to at least.  Is it missing a is_dead check...i will look at the
> code i was just hoping that if someone knows a quick fix i would be
> appreciative.....if not ill find it.

You are probably missing a call to the die() function, which is found in
fight.c in damage(). I would suggest unzipping a fresh copy of bpl11 and
comparing that stock function to yours to make sure that nothing is
missing or out of order.

John Evans <evansj@datawest.net>
http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/              telnet://spear.gator.net:1066

--Arthur C. Clarke