Re: [CODE][Newbie]: Class restrictions

From: Mark Gerritsen (m.p.h.gerritsen@STUDENT.UTWENTE.NL)
Date: 06/29/98

Henrik wrote:
>Hi all
>
>Alas, I was experimenting with the snippet from Brian Williams
><bmw@efn.org> on the snippets page for restricting classes to certain
>races. Alas, I got it in and got a few (ch) replaced with
>(d->character), but eventually ran into a non-existent
>send_to_char(class_display[x], d->character);
>The class_display seems nowhere to find, is this a leftover from an old
>Circle-version, or am I just looking the wrong places?!
>I've dug through every .c and .h file to try to find this, but have
>eventually failed. If it is a remnant from an old circle-version what
>has it been replaced with?
>Beforehand thanks.
>
>-Henrik

Uhm... I think you forgot to read the whole snippet, and missed this part:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      class.c
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Search for:
#include "interpreter.h"

Below it, add:
char *class_display[NUM_CLASSES] = {
  "a) Sorcerer\r\n",
  "b) Cleric\r\n",
  "c) Thief\r\n",
  "d) Warrior\r\n"
};

It's right there in the raceclass.txt snippet by Brian Williams on Alex's
page... that's the one you're using, right?

Havoc of Dagmarck (Mark Gerritsen)