Re: Selling CircleMUD

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@MINDSPRING.COM)
Date: 07/10/98

At 01:56 PM 7/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, James Turner wrote:
>
>>What if he only sold a diff file from his mud's source to the current
>>code?  Similar with areas.  What if the areas were completely
>>non-stock -- they're not part of CircleMUD, so they would be sellable,
>>correct?
>
>The areas I think would be ok, but in order to make a diff (that works),
>he'd have to include CircleMUD code in it. :)

Ahh, but he wouldn't be selling that aspect of the patch, and would gladly
provide it free of charge to all that ask ;)

The Devil's Advocate

ObCircle:
As I posted earlier, DG Scripts pl4 is available on ftp.circlemud.org.
I forgot to mention though, while this will patch in OasisOLC too, the
OasisOLC piece is not 100% faithful to what is downloadable. A few
things had to be changed to get rid or .rej's; some of them were code
(which I placed in what is probably the proper places, with any required
mods), and some of them were comments (which may not have been
changed to the Oasis style because I'm lazy).