[C in General] [DG Scripts] pointers

From: Tony Robbins (tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM)
Date: 07/17/98

Ok, this is CircleMUD related because I had this problem while trying to
develop code for CircleMUD!  Woo!  Go me!  (Sorry, I'm like this first
thing in the morning, and 10:30 AM is morning for me.)

Anyway, since that's over with, let me explain my dilemna.

In DG Scripts, it fairly often uses code like (I don't have access to my
code):

typedef struct trig_data;

from what I've read, that makes it so I can go "trig_data *blah" and it
works just the same, without the struct.

However, now we see stuff like:

trig_data **trg_index;
or
struct trig_data **trig_index;

In any case, it seems to be a pointer to a pointer.  I'm still pretty
newbie to pointers and the like, but I was hoping to finish obuild OLC for
triggers.  Any ideas?

BTW, the CircleMUD site hasn't got but one thing uploaded to the
"contrib/code" dir in the past month.  First person to upload gets a cookie!

-B.