Re: Slashdot or Freshmeat..

From: Eduo (eduo@CIATEQ.MX)
Date: 07/28/98

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, The Merciless lord of Everything wrote:

> ObCircle:  Has anyone besides me toyed with the idea of letting players
> receive email through the mud, such as <playername>@domain .. I have
> been thinking about it, and I think it would be a nice idea, even though
> I'm pondering how to do it, should be something with :  Received mail
> for a playername ends up in the mailfile, and the player can then check
> it, maybe even reply.. Ugh.. now I'm rambling again.. :)

I've been installing a BBS (Eagle's BBS) and what I was thinking of was
merging the BBS with the mud, in something akin to a "theme" bbs..:) The
bbs has great forum and chat handling, handles also files and mail
(internet mail), the mud gives a coherent environment and that.

Anyone thought of this already?

Eduo