Re: [BPL11] [Newbie] Multiclass

From: Hans H. Hjort (hjort@S-96-226.RESNET.OHIO-STATE.EDU)
Date: 07/30/98

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Phillip A. Ames wrote:

> >OBCIRCLE:
> >I was looking at adding a new level system and i know there are
> >patches out
> >there but every patch i tried along with every patch i tried to make
> >failed
> >with do advance  when you type advance so-so 60 it says ok advanceing
> >so-so
> >level 60 but really advances them to implementor (my level 74)
> >archives
> >proved to serve no help on this one so I hope it happened to someone
> >else(that got it fixed)
> >Thanks
> >Scorn

Something to check is your exp tables.  If I recall correctly, advance
works be assigning the player enough exp to make the level requested, and
then leveling the character as far as they can go. If the exp neccessary
for level 74 is less than that required for level 60, then I think that
would explain it.

                                                        -Hans