Re: [BUG] ROFL!!! :))) <35C3750F.A43CD8E4@earthlink.net>

From: Kevin Doherty (kdoherty@JURAI.NET)
Date: 08/01/98

Thus spake Del Minturn <caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET>:
>Another note which I thought is kind of stupid. You can only steal from
>the inventory. It should be set to steal anything they are wearing
>within reason. Major pieces of clothing (Pants, body armor, helmet
>etc..) should be difficult if not impossible. Wrist wear, waiste, neck,
>should be much easier and possible.
>Has anyone fixed this or coded something along this line?

While this may make sense in terms of realism, it's typically horrid for
balance, and it's more trouble than it's worth to attempt to balance it.
If you have any mob out in the open that loads decent wristwear, it's in
essence giving it to thieves. And the difficulty really doesn't matter
much, because a thief attempts a steal, and then they have their
mage/cleric friend summon them immediately. if they succeeded, they just
got a major piece of eq without having to kill the mob. if they didn't
they just try again.

--
Kevin Doherty, kdoherty@jurai.net
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."