Re: [BUG] ROFL!!! :)))

From: Ron Hensley (ronh@SHORE.INTERCOM.NET)
Date: 08/01/98

>ObCircle:
>
>the whole ansi table.  I'd like to be able to make lil smiley faces if
>my heart wished it.  My question here is do i just take the section of
>the code that defines what each "\cXX" is and add on to the end of the
>list, adding the total to the max-colors if there is such a thing (as i
>said, no code near me tonight).  I would think adding those would be
>about all I'd have to do to support the whole ansi table right?
>Questions, comments, guidance....please.

color.c is the file.
seems there are 2 seperate cases here. First being adding ansi attribute
commands, like Blink.

Just add a #define at the top for the Ansi Blink statement.
Add that define's name to COLORLIST array, and increment MAX_COLORS by 1.

This would include any sort of new Ansi Sequence like move cursor,. save
position etc.

The second issue is sending the whole ansi set, like smiley faces, which is
dependant on the user having the same character set installed that actually
has a smiley face in it.

Sending ESC 27, or a Smiley face doesnt entrail escape sequences to the ansi
driver, just sending that ascii number from the client.

Many clients, like telnet for example, have no way to let the user send a
key not on his/her keyboard however. So what you want, it sounds like, is to
let the user send an arbitrary ansi number across, and have the mud output
it. Generally this is done with some system like sending an octal number
  \o027

If its \o instead of \c, that being the letter 0, expect a 3 digit octal
number, representing the char to send. Unix TR command uses this to let you
remove carriage returns from a file, or any non printable char.

So to send a carriage return in the middle the my words id send:
  say Hello there \o015 Sammy!

And the mud would send some shit like:
  Morgoth says, "Hello there
  sammy"

Though that sucks, might wanna disable processing carriage returns :P.
Anyways using that same method users could send like Box Chars, smileys,
hearts and whatnot as long as they know the correct number. Easy enough to
add an Ansi Table to your help files, listing the decimal number, printed
char, and octal value to use, for all of the ansi set.

Ron Hensley