CODE

From: Nick Stout (cyberman_64@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: 08/05/98

   Okay... I found a fire weapon snippet on the Circle snippet page, and
I decided to adapt it. I am somewhat of a talented newbie coder, and
this is the first time I have asked the Mail list for help.
   I am keeping the ACMD(do_load_weapon), but i'm trying to make it so
whenever a violence pulse goes by, it decreases the ammo by 1.
   I do this with:
GET_OBJ_VAL(weapon, 3) -= 1;

   Basically, i dont remember how exactly i put it, but it said if a
fire weapon was wielded, (i put this in "hit") it would decrease the
ammo by 1, like that.
   I compiled, and ran, and it crashed the mud. Why? Any gun code
suggestion that would allow me to use guns that decrease ammo every
pulse of attack?
   I know i did a pretty crappy remake of the error, but is there
someplace certain i'm supposed to put the decrease ammo?

Thanks. And if you have a gun code that you already have implemented
like i described, maybe(?) you could give me some advice on how to put
it in.

-CyberMan
   RealityMUD Implementor