Re: [CODE] [NEWBIE] Mobile bitvectors

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 08/07/98

The max is actually 32 bits in a long int. after you fill the fisrt 32, you have
to move onto another long int variable.
--Angus

Subject:  [CODE] [NEWBIE] Mobile bitvectors
Author:  INTERNET:CIRCLE@POST.QUEENSU.CA at CSERVE
Date:    8/7/98 9:40 AM

I was wondering if there was a maximum number of bitvectors you can implement
into your MUD - the number 26 occured to me, as there is a letter which
corresponds to every mobile bitvector, and there are 26 letters in the
alphabet, but I thought this was a bit restrictive. If this is the case, does
anyone know how you could get around the problem? Alternatively, if this isn't
the case, could someone tell me whats the maximum number of bitvectors you can
implement, and why? Thanks for your time,

-- Urion.