Re: A offtopic and obcircle

From: Ron Cole (rcole@EZY.NET)
Date: 08/07/98

>        Am I right assuming a int is more less same as long on a 32 bit
>box? And does anyone know a "best" path to take?

An int is 32 bits on a 32 bit OS, or in most anyways.  The change is not as bad
as it would seem, you just have to chase down all the references and make sure
they are all 32 bit ints so it doesn't get truncated.  I did it in a few hours,
and our mud is pretty hacked up from years of changes/additions.  I still
limited it to 998 zones since the world files use 99999 as a special number.  If
we run out of room again, I don't see it as a real problem, just removed them
from the file and use something else as a terminator.

Ron