Re: [code] [admin] Weather Patch by John Evans

From: John Evans (evansj@DATAWEST.NET)
Date: 08/07/98

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Andrew Jones wrote:

> This message is directed towards, but not limited to, John Evans.  In the
> weather patch, it adds3 variables to the zone_data struct, but never calls
> them from zone files.  Therefore should OLC(s)ignore them, or can we adapt
> the patch to serve as a way for builders to create zones that are always
> dark, such as a vampire zone.  Of course we can do whatever we want, but
> with regards to the stock patch do we need any OLC support?

All I did was modify the data of the zone and make use of it. There are
too many flavors of creating out there to cover them all and it would be a
seperate patch for each one. Also, the patch was intended for bpl 11 and
12 STOCK code, and having an OLC is far from stock.

Adding the extra values to your OLCs zedit (or equivilant) should not be
that hard.

John Evans <evansj@datawest.net>             AKA: Zeavon
http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/              telnet://spear.gator.net:1066

--Arthur C. Clarke
I find planning for the future allows one to delay acting in the present.
--Chris England