Re: Newbie? Longterm Time format

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 08/18/98

> I have longterm spells and skills implemented into my mud. Which is kept track
> by a counter, that is decreased every phase. Similar to pulse_violence ..
> affects all people that are flagged with PLR_ANIMATE, PLR_ENCHANT, etc. I was
> wondering how I might change this counter, into a time variable? So it might
> be easier to display the time to the player.

        Isn't this just a normal spell? Don't normal spells and skills
which impart an affectation have time limits, and decrease based on ticks?

If so, use this formula:

actual time left =
((ticks left -1 )+(pulses-left-in-current-tick/pulses-in-a-tick)) * actual
seconds per tick.

 actual seconds per tick = SECS_PER_MUD_HOUR
 pulses-left-in-current-tick/pulses-in-a-tick =
 pulse % (SECS_PER_MUD_HOUR * PASSES_PER_SEC) /
     SECS_PER_MUD_HOUR*PASSES_PER_SEC

                                                        PjD