Re: [IDEA] realtime landscape

From: Andrew Ritchie (object@ALPHALINK.COM.AU)
Date: 08/20/98

>Well, maybe this sounds stupid, but I have seen several non-circle MUDs
>where they have a huge world, most of it forest and grassland and things
>like that. The zones are generic, usually just a bunch of interconnected
>rooms with the same bland room description, but it really makes the game
>feel more realistic.

If you wanted to do this, I think it would be a far better idea to make
room flags for every room (ie, mountains) if you don't already have them,
and then modify the look command to search out the flags of your room and
the surrounding rooms and then display them as an ascii picutre of sorts.
This saves time for people who currently are writing up a geographic desc
for every room. All you need to do with this idea is set the appropriate
flags on every room. Just my two cents.