Re: Another one of those annoying Newbie questions

From: Phillip A. Ames (kirk47@JUNO.COM)
Date: 08/21/98

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 11:21:04 EDT Michael Gesner <MeGesner@AOL.COM>
writes:
>I'm looking for a little help on the following topics:
>(Code snippets would be nice, but I don't want to steal anyone's
>ideas, Just a
>little help on where to start would be nice)
>
>Equipment that stays with the player even after death

Pls note that I'm not sure if this will work, I'm just going off the top
of my head here.

Put a new item flag, like ITEM_STAY in the appropriate areas(constants,
structs, etc.) and then put a check the extract char function to see if
an item is flagged ITEM_STAY and then figure out a way for it to ignore
those items(Don't have a clue how to do that)

>When a player quits, when they are still alive, they return to the
>location
>last visited

In the quit function, make it set their loadroom equal to ch->in_room

>When a player first signs on, or dies, they return to a clan defined
>location,
>not a general start location

You'll need to look for all the places where a player can enter the game,
check whether or not they are in a clan, and then define clan loadrooms
that it will send the player to.

>How to make the prompt customizable by the player

It should already be implemented with stock code

>How to use color on the title screen

Clueless

Hopefully I'm not completely insane with these answers, they sound like
they'll work to me :)

Phillip Ames    | Treat friends in debt like family.
kirk47@juno.com | Exploit them.
ICQ: 8778335    | AOL IM: Grathol
http://members.xoom.com/Gowron/index.html