Re: [MSP] MSP Implementation Plans

From: Bryan Britt (beltane@BELTANE.COM)
Date: 08/25/98

The MSP hasn't come up to the top of the code queue yet, so I don't have
any thing to actually show, but we WILL be sound-based on Beltane.

We will imp it like this:

It will be done copied after the 'color' command.  So you will have
SOUND OFF:  Duh...  no sound.
SOUND SPARSE:  Death sounds, fighting sounds, major sound effects only.
SOUND NORMAL:  sound effects for weather, coins, spells, etc.
SOUND COMPLETE:  Background music using MIDI files.

We might break it into a SOUND and a MUSIC command.

Then in the places we want a sound, we'll just put a macro for
PLAY("effect.wav" etc.) that will expand to the correct MSP string or to
NULL if sound is turned off.

Ask me more when it floats to the top of the queue.

Bryan Britt
Beltane Web Services

At [Wed, 26 Aug 1998 03:43:24 +0000], Fili <cybom@NETROPOLIS.NET> wrote:

> A lot? Not in my opinion. On darkstar, we have a system that supports
> msp. Basically, you will need a modified channel, some sort of flag to
> toggle it, and such. Reading if not printing a copy of the MSP
> specifications can help tremendously also. Really, once you think about
> it, the hardest part of MSP isnt so much the code but finding files to
> use.

Bryan L. Britt                                        501-327-8558
Beltane Web Services, Conway, AR            http://www.beltane.com
~~~~~~~~~~Support Private Communications on the Internet~~~~~~~~~~
Moons of Beltane MUD               telnet://moons.beltane.com:4000
                                      http://www.moons.beltane.com