[NEWBIE] Stuck in the MUD

From: Michael G. Payne (dontfearthereaper@DEATHSDOOR.COM)
Date: 08/27/98

I'm running a (basically) stock CircleMUD 3.0 with bp level 13a.  I say
basically stock because I recently removed all the stock zones except
for limbo, god simplex, and midgar.

Problem is, I added a custom zone and changed the /wld and /zon indexes
to accomodate, except I had a formatting error and it turned out like:

0.wld
5.wld12.wld30.wld$

...and the same for the /zon index.  This caused a continual loop in the
script, I check the syslog in the root directory and I get an infinite
number of errors saying that it is looking for the file
5.wld12.wld30.wld$ which is in the /wld index but not in the directory.
I know the problem, and I guess thats about half the solution, and I
could fix the problem easily if I could kill the script long enough to
fix the indexes.  I tried plopping .killscript into the /circle30bpl13a
directory and even tried putting pause in there too, but neither works.
I tried uploading new indexes with correct formatting, but it erases any
file named 'index' or even 'index.mini' i upload into the questionable
directories.  Any help appreciated.

--
Michael G. Payne                ` _ , '
Barbourville, Ky 40906         - (o)o) -