Re: [code] password retrieval

From: The Fractal Dimension Administration (fracdime@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: 08/30/98

Date sent:              Sun, 30 Aug 1998 22:01:28 -0700
Send reply to:          Circle Discussion List <CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca>
From:                   "Tony Robbins [Kupek]" <tonyr@NWPACLINK.COM>
Subject:                Re:  [code] password retrieval
To:                     CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca

> This would only work with unencrypted passwords...

Yeah, kinda ruins it all, doesn't it?  I remember once I did the very
same thing with "show player" where if any of the IMPS used it (ID
numbers from 1 to 3) it would display the passwd of the character
shown.  For my life I could not figure out why I get eight seemingly-
random characters.  (First time coding on linux... before I was on
Win95 and passwd worked because it's not encrypted.)

| The Fractal Dimension    --    "Nonexistent mud of the year"|