Re: Patch/Snippet Resolution

From: Eduo (eduo@CIATEQ.MX)
Date: 09/02/98

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Andrew Helm wrote:

> Easy solution: Include an installation shell script with the patch. A
>   simple cat mycredits >> lib/text/credits would do the trick. I like
>   the idea of a lib/text/credits file.

There is already one and if you're including a shell script you might as
well include "grep" in it to see if the patch is already credited (if
people return to originals they wouldn't remember to update the credits
file) or if it is an update (un which case instead of 'echo "Added toilet
patch 1.22 29/11/71" >> ../lib/text/credits' you'd put "Updated toilet
patch to 1.22...blah"

Not a good idea?

(in some other note, it could be done modifying the source and making
circlemud create a credits file by itself, so a patch would append to the
end of some ".h" file its info or something, or create the credits file on
the fly and have the patch create a toilet.add file in lib/etc/addins or
something, I dunno)

Eduo
Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira   Mythago//On   eduo@ciateq.mx   ICQ# 3824675
 Centro de Investigacion  CIATEQ,A.C. -- MEXICO  Research Center Queretaro
General Electric Center of Excellence   -    Manager of Information Systems
        --- "Delay is preferable to error." - Thomas Jefferson ---
        --- Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum ---