Re: Patch/Snippet Resolution (Re: Avatar etc...)

From: Eduo (eduo@CIATEQ.MX)
Date: 09/02/98

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, George wrote:

> Patching the 'credits' file itself would suffice in most circumstance,
> the only problem being it breaks when you add two or more of them.  Even
> a code solution would break (I mean the patch) if you added two.

Maybe using an "official" patch serial number? devised by each one, of
course (which could be the name of the patch), that way all patches could
create a very small shell script (or bat, whatever) that did a "grep" and
in errorlevel 0 appended (">>") the credit info.

Is that too complicated?
Eduo
Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira   Mythago//On   eduo@ciateq.mx   ICQ# 3824675
 Centro de Investigacion  CIATEQ,A.C. -- MEXICO  Research Center Queretaro
General Electric Center of Excellence   -    Manager of Information Systems
        --- "Delay is preferable to error." - Thomas Jefferson ---
        --- Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum ---