Re: [bpl14][Newbie] real_abils

From: The Fractal Dimension Administration (fracdime@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: 09/03/98

> ok i have coded in races to have real.abils such as +1con -1 wis
> etc.....the only real problem i found is this......if a ogre which is +1
> str chooses to be a fighter and rolls his stats as 19/13 str the game wont
> recognize it so it gives him an 18/23 str I however want the ogre to be
> 19/23 but i also want the elf and what nots max str to be 17/100 and
> variable depending on the race/class combined decisions.  I have looked
> under the real abils and the only thing i see is the strength is calculated
> in the cpp_extern const struct str_app_type str_app[] = {
> but it seems to go through 25/100 so if some one could point out why it is
> not working right or what i need to change in order to make it right.
> Thanks
> Scorn

fgrep handler.c and act.wizard.c for the number 18.  Change all stat-
related occurences to some larger number...

Players in stock Circle are not supposed to have above 18 str.  Make
a function when you try to increase str above 18 it shunts the
numbers off into str_add.
| The Fractal Dimension    --    "Nonexistent mud of the year"|