Re: [LONG] Avatar and decapitate code with graveyard

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 09/03/98

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, David Sun wrote:

>NOTE: <<<GEORGE GREER SCROLL THRU THIS>>>

I already read every post, thank you very much. :)

>and to show that most snippets are quite useful, here are some of my
>more "generic" ones. i hope they find their way to GEORGE GREER's site.

I think you'll want to talk with Alex, not me.  He still runs the snippets.

>ACMD(do_speedwalk)
>{
>  int i, mmc = 0, dir = NOWHERE, first_move = TRUE;
>  char *arg = argument, temp[2];

'argument' is already a char *. You'll also cause a warning if you use
-Wshadow, though CircleMUD already causes a load of them. ;)

>  for(i = 0; arg[i]; i++) {
>    if (isdigit(arg[i])) {
>      temp[0] = arg[i];
>      temp[1] = '\0';
>      mmc *= 10;
>      mmc += atoi(temp);

How about:  mmc += arg[0] - '0';

>      dir = NOWHERE;
>    } else {
>      switch(arg[i]) {
>        case 'n': case 'N': dir = NORTH; break;
>        case 'e': case 'E': dir = EAST;  break;
>        case 's': case 'S': dir = SOUTH; break;
>        case 'w': case 'W': dir = WEST;  break;
>        case 'u': case 'U': dir = UP;    break;
>        case 'd': case 'D': dir = DOWN;  break;
>        default:            dir = NOWHERE;

little snippet from act.informative.c:

    else if ((look_type = search_block(arg, dirs, FALSE)) >= 0)
      look_in_direction(ch, look_type);

>      }
>    }
>    if (dir != NOWHERE) {
>      if (!mmc)
>        mmc++;

 mmc += (mmc == 0);
        Although that's a bit much sometimes. :)

>ACMD(do_hiscore)

Don't have time to go through this one though.

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.ml.org/ (not done) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.