[CODE] Leveless game systems

From: Benjamin Draper (satrycus@DRACHENBURG.DEMON.CO.UK)
Date: 09/07/98

erm, damn Netscape ;P sorry about the last post.

OBCIRCLE:

 I'm thinking about getting rid of levels in a MUD I'm working on.
Instead I'm aiming for a series of career or profession changes for
players paid for by experience, which increases for every profession
they pass through. Players could re-enter professions they have already
been in to practice skills they missed or didn't practice to max the
first time, with experience being spent on practicing and training
rather than leveling.
 Has anyone else got some ideas on this, whether you've just thought
about it or you've got a fully implemented system, I'd be interested
in your thoughts.

-> Ben :)

P.S. Bel are you on? :P