[QUESTION] act()

From: TorynMUD Staff (toryn-mud@HOME.COM)
Date: 09/07/98

Hey everyone, I've got a couple questions regarding the act()
function....
1) Does anyone have, or know of a place with documention regarding the
above?

I'm working on a find weakness skill... and this is the code I added to
fight.c:

if (GET_POS(victim)==POS_FIGHTING) {
if ((attacktype >= 0) && (IS_WEAPON(attacktype))) {
       if (number(1, 775) <= GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_FIND_WEAKNESS)) {
             improve_skill(ch, SKILL_FIND_WEAKNESS);
  act("You find a weakness in $N's defenses!", FALSE, 0, 0, victim,
TO_CHAR);
  act("$n finds a weakness in your defenses!",  FALSE, ch, 0, 0,
TO_VICT);
  act("$n finds a weakness in $N's defenses!", FALSE, ch, 0, victim,
TO_ROOM);
           dam += lvD5(victim);
     }
  }
}

Now the above produces the following output in the mud:
Death swings at you missing or whatever...
You piece death very hard.
NOTHING about finding a weakness....
however, people in the room saw:
Tesman found a weakness in Death's defenses!
Testman hits Death very hard.

Now my other question is the FALSE, 0, 0, victim, TO_WHATEVER);
lines... the placement of the ch, victim, FALSE, all that is critical,
however,
what is the format to use when doing these messages, I'm pretty sure
thats
why I'm not seeing anything.