Re: CODER NEEDEd

From: Andrew Ritchie (object@ALPHALINK.COM.AU)
Date: 09/09/98

>I am in desperate need of a good coder on my mud.  You must have lots of
>experience.  The mud isnt open yet so it is gonna require a little
>time.  If you can help me out give me a ring at
>polaughlin@starix.net...or drop in the addy is:  vortex.starix.net port

Is it just me, or are you kind of rude? You're aksing for a good coder only,
that has to have lots of experience. Seeing as I doubt you are going to be
paying them, I don't think you can demand coders with a lot of experience.

Seeing as you can't code yourself, and you aren't going to be paying those
who might code for you, I don't think you're in a very good position. Hey,
politeness does help too.

If you want to make your MUD work, then YOU are the one that needs to learn
how to code. No one wants to work on a MUD where the God can't be bothered
learning C, but can be bothered demanding for experienced coders on HIS
MUD. Personally, I don't think your request will be very successful.

ObCircle:

Anyone ever thought of opening up a MUD run on Circle which is run like a
showroom, where people can look at various ways of creating their MUD. There
could be ANSI drawn areas, areas which show the use of DG Events etc. etc.,
and rooms where you can have discussions related to Circle. It would be a
complete social MUD, with no roleplaying or monsters at all. Then people
could 'try before they download', so to speak. Just an idea.

-- Andrew Ritchie.