Re: [NEWBIE] Communication channel

From: The Fractal Dimension Administration (fracdime@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: 09/10/98

Thus spake "Phillip A. Ames" <kirk47@JUNO.COM>

> Hey all...  I've just made a new communication channel that will echo the
> text sent to the screen, and I was wondering if anyone can see any
> problems with the code below.  Also, I'm wondering how to log tells using
> the mudlog function.  Anyone feel like helping me out? :)  I've tried
> doing mudlog(buf, etc...) but it didn't work for my purposes.  I wanted
> to log the player sending the tell, and the player receiving the tell, in
> their(i.e. So and so tells Whositz 'blah blah blah').  Thanks!!

If you wanted to do that why not just snoop one person?  You'd get
his commands plus the other guy's tells.  I personally would not do
any such thing, but there is a code snippet that lets your immortals
who can snoop log a player's session into a file that they can later
access.  (Note: This may be for Diku or some such codebase, but
shouldn't be _too_ hard to convert.)

| The Fractal Dimension    --    "Nonexistent mud of the year"|