Re: [Off-Topic] Number of Coders for a MUD

From: Marc Gale (MARC@BGC.AC.UK)
Date: 09/17/98

> Maybe a good way to do this is removing the stock zones from
> distribution. I'm sure that the people who puts these kind of MUDs
> online are too lazy to download a bunch of zones and reconfigure the
> zone tables :)

Umm, if you do that, the code base is *very* hard to get running.  No
zones or world files to look at as examples, you can't get the MUD
running without spending a lot of time writing zones.

Some folks like to start with their own code modifications, leaving
the world building to others. If they have no zones, they cannot test
the code they write.

Marc