Prompt length

From: Del Minturn (caminturn@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: 09/23/98

With George's help I was able to compile the prompt snippet. Been
messing around with it for two days now refining it's looks.

Some things needed changing to make it work right with bpl14+.

I am still having some difficulty refining one things. Looks like the
last little bug I can not seem to locate:

The prompt displays fine up to about 19 characters out. Regardless of
the number of &'s and %'s in the prompt. There are 4 predifined prompts
that are available. 2 of the 4 are longer than 19 characters, and when
displayed are trunkated at that point.
However, when making a new character it sets a default prompt that is
about 40 characters long. It is fully displayed. Now this is blowing my
mind!
I tried playing with MAX_PROMPT_LENGTH, as I increase it by 10 I can
display 2 more characters, decrease it and I loose a character.

What in the world would restrict the prompt from displaying all the way
out? The max length is not reached.. yet it is still cutting it off.
But does not cut it off for the default prompt ya get at the beginning.

If you have an idea.. Please email me personally and I can send you any
part of the code you think might be the cause. I think it is in either
the act.other.c or comm.c

(Please flame me personally, and not spam the list)