Re: Compiler Error?

From: Jason Wilkins (fenix@IO.COM)
Date: 09/25/98

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, The Merciless Lord of everything wrote:

> Mark A. Heilpern wrote:
>
> extern zedit_setup(struct descriptor_data *d, int room_num);

try:

extern ***VOID*** zedit_setup();

If you don't specify a return type it assumes it to be int.  Replace
***VOID*** with what ever type this function is supposed to return.  BTW,
I think that C++ assumes 'void', and plain old C assumes 'int'

> and like this in zedit.c
>
> void zedit_setup(struct descriptor_data *d, int room_num);

The function and the prototype should always match exactly.  AFAIK,
'extern' is assumed for function calls, so the 'extern' in the header file
is completely unnesecary.

> Possibly just me who's gone blind over this..

Pretty blind alright ^_^

--
         The Phoenix - President of The Artistic Intuition Company
    Caelius * Zen-X * Mirror Reflex * Runica * X-Domain * Infinite Realms