Re: [UTILITY] [ANSI]

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 09/26/98

On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Christopher Avans wrote:

>        At one time I had a program called "alchemy" it was a dos utiltiy
>tha converted .jpg, .bmp, etc picture files to an ansi picture. Well my

A long time ago I had a program called 'TheDRAW!' which let you draw an
ANSI (even animated) picture.

>A Mud based on CircleMUD is about to go alpha. HubisMUD was born October
>18, 1997. It is a creation of the Hubis Group implementing thier Copper
>code and ideas into the "better" circle base. Circle's layout file,
>structure. and memery allocation shames other code bases. And I thank the
>people of CircleMUD, since the intial hassle of converting to Circle the
>progress has speed up tenfold with the better circle format. Is to bad
>that I see people sneer at the term Circlemud over the stock syndrome.  I
>hope Hubis will present the great assests of the Circle code base.

Thank you.  I developed on a CircleMUD-based MUD of my own previously and
found a few bugs in the bpl11 off-year.  As soon as I took over OasisOLC
crash-prevention I found a few more in CircleMUD. (That free(mob_proto);,
always!)  One time I had to spend 8 hours worth of debugging on someone
else's Sun to find the bug because my Linux machine didn't crash on it.
We've been squashing all the bugs we've had on http://bugs.circlemud.org/
as fast as we can. :)

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but