Re: [NEWBIE] I dont get it...

From: Phillip A. Ames (kirk47@JUNO.COM)
Date: 09/27/98

On Sun, 27 Sep 1998 02:42:13 -0400 John Hines <sculpy@MUD3.GATOR.NET>
writes:
>I was in the compile stages of race additions to pl14 with dg and
>OLC+2.1a
>
>I was using the races.txt written by Brian Williams as a guideline.
>
>Every thing looks good except for one little error.
>
>from races.c:1: I called "sysdep.h"
>sysdep.h sends back #error Who are we?
>
>I never had a compiler ask me such a deep question ;)
>as in the topic I must be really newbie because this is telling me
>this
>has really nothing to do with circle but the C programming language.
>
>I don't even know where to begin.
>
>Any suggestions would help
>
>Thanks,
>Odin

Alright, I had this problem too, but Christina Orr helped me out...  What
you need to do is switch the two includes of conf.h and sysdep.h(So
whatever order they're included in now, reverse it) and it should compile
greatly.

-Phillip

Phillip Ames    | Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
kirk47@juno.com | -Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #19
ICQ: 8778335    | AOL IM: Grathol
http://members.xoom.com/Gowron/index.html(Unfinished)