Re: Windows and Olc

From: Phooey On You (Phooey182@AOL.COM)
Date: 09/29/98

In a message dated 9/29/98 8:10:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, sca@BU.EDU
writes:

<< Ok basically i've spent 10 hours trying to get circle30bpl14 working
 with version 1.6b of oasis and I can't even patch the files.  Some people
have been
 able to patch with the patch program however I keep getting 'cannot find
patch .RTP
 file.'  Can someone please tell me if I'm just wasting my time or is there an
actual
 way to do this?  I also tried using circle30bpl14 with the original oasiswin
and
 it worked the first time, however when i changed the color of do_say, I got
32 link
 errors because of oasis.  Thanks.>>

 Well, I am on windows 98, using MSVC++ 6.0 and Cygnus-gnu32.  I Got
Circle3.0blp14
and downloaded the OLC+2.0 from the ceramic mouse web site.  Cygnus would
patch a little bit
of it, then stop.  So I went into the patch and deleted the stuff up until the
point where the patch stopped.
Then I ran the patch again.  I had to do this about 4 times, but I eventually
got to the end of the patch.
There were virtually no .REJ files.  I then patched the OLC+2.0a, it worked
fine.  So just be patient.

After patching the OLC+2.0, i tried to patch Sammy's ascii-pfiles.  I ended up
with more .REJ files than .c files.
I'm breaking out ye ole' hand-patching kit.

Phooey