Re: Well couple questions, Memory Leaks? & Size Mishmatch?

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 10/11/98

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998, Jourge Fuzz Bush wrote:

>"Ok, Lets start off with memory leaks....  What are they? (I couldn't find
>any documentation on this just things telling you about variable types,
>which doesn't make sense)

void func(void)
{
  char *foo = malloc(16);
  ... etc ...
  foo = NULL;
}

i.e.: missing free().

>it did mention this Warning: integral size mismatch in argument;
>conversion supplied. Well This is when you use the sh_int declaration.
>Any ways I was wounded how to fix this and if it causes things like
>memory leaks and overloads... And they are so annoying!

Yup, and I don't have Microsoft Visual C++.  GCC has an option like MSVC's
warning but it is too verbose to pick out the ones MSVC warns about.  I do
have access to MSVC on Wednesday evenings for 3 hours so I usually squash
quite a few every week.  If you want to help (another person already is
too), e-mail me (not bugs@circlemud.org) the output from the compiler for
the _current_CVS_snapshot_ and I'll fix them faster. To help, I'll export
the entire CVS tree also instead of just patches.

And no, they won't be official (or even unofficial) "releases."  They'll be
just another dated chunk of code.

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.ml.org/   (mostly) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.