Re: [CODE] [IDEA] Binary Object/Room files

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 10/23/98

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Chris Jacobson wrote:

>As for the heaps more advantages, there aren't.  Thats why no MUD today
>uses binary room/object files, and why ascii pfiles are more popular than
>binary pfiles.

And I'm going to shed not a single tear when our binary pfiles are gone. :)
Oh well, not doing that yet anyway.

In other news, the FreeBSD test does work, and I've made a new CVS
snapshot.  So we're down to 17 outstanding bugs, er make that 15.  Which is
down quite a bit from the 200 or so potential bugs I was given after the
bpl13a release that Jeremy had stored away.  Almost there...

--
George Greer, greerga@circlemud.org | Genius may have its limitations, but
http://mouse.van.ml.org/   (mostly) | stupidity is not thus handicapped.