Re: [OFFTOPIC] Downloading linux & obCircle

From: Jason Wilkins (fenix@IO.COM)
Date: 10/30/98

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Jourge Fuzz Bush wrote:

> ObCircle:
>
> Would anyone be as nice as to provide some sample code that will connect
> to a server for sending data on port **portvar** and server **server**
> server can either be a ip or host name whatever is easyier. This is
> related to circle by the way. This is basicly my way of trying to make a
> client, server prog that will send mp3 music considering to play a mp3
> you don't have to have the whole file or a wav layer 3 format this will
> then be intigrated into circlemud. Either way I just need a function to
> intialize a client prog that will open a server connection for sending.

I wrote a small lib named smplnet that I made to make quick and dirty
network connections that I ported to both Unix (tested on FreeBSD and
Linux) and Windows 9x/NT

It is a decent demo of opening a connection, looking up host names,
sending data, etc.  It needs to be rewritten to support more than one
connection.  It demonstrates both client and servers, and how to write
code that compatible between windows and unix.  If you would like it I can
send it directly to you.

--
         The Phoenix - President of The Artistic Intuition Company
    Caelius * Zen-X * Mirror Reflex * Runica * X-Domain * Infinite Realms